background

Monday, July 9, 2012

Here we GO



Obviously I am the world's worst blogger since I have not posted since 4 days prior to my last trip to Zambia. I had not read my previous post since I wrote it. I read it this morning and I so needed those words. Like a letter to my soul. The Lord knew the comfort I needed.

Well, here we go again. In four days, My Dad and I will be leaving for Zambia again. I had great intentions of posting all about our mission last time. I did not expect to be so emotional when we came back last time. Going to a place like that and seeing people live so drastically different than I had ever seen was a challenge to process. I have loved Africa and studied about it and the culture for many years. But no book, or national geographic magazine, or story could prepare me for what I saw with my own eyes. I will never forget the drive from the airport to the lodge we were staying in that night. I saw the people for the first time, and their houses of clay and thatch, I saw women walking from the well with jugs of water on their heads. I was fighting back tears. (I quickly became the cry-baby of the group) I don't even know how to describe the emotion that comes when we get outside of our own little world and see how so much of humanity lives. A lot happened on that trip. The people I went to teach taught me. The people I went to serve served me. I saw Jesus in a little girl named Mwila. My heart longs to see her sweet smile again. The Lord overwhelmed my anxious heart with peace, comfort and joy like I had never experienced before. He provided my family with peace and understanding while we were apart. Through our mission to Zambia in 2011 we have shared our stories and photos with hundreds of people. And I pray that we have planted seeds in the hearts of people to GO. We are commanded in Matthew 28:19 to GO and make disciples of all nations! We serve a God that wants us to GO. He wants us to GO to the street corner, the shelter, the prison, across the world. He just wants us to GO. And yes, it is hard and uncomfortable. It is tough to leave my spoiled American lifestyle even just for 2 weeks! It is in the tough and uncomfortable moments of our lives that we are able to rely on our Savior the most. But the grace and blessings that washed over me were far greater than the miniscule sacrifice that was made. ( I have a hard time even saying that I sacrificed anything...I'm such a spoiled American) So if you get the chance to GO. Do it. No matter how near or far. Just GO and love someone like Jesus love you.  

Mission Zambia 2011 began a rebirth in me. The Lord had been preparing my heart well before I even new I was going there. The things we experienced there began a process of sanctification in my heart. I have a long way to go. A lifetime in fact. And I will never be completely like Jesus, but I plan to spend my life trying. The bridge of the song Hosanna brought me to tears this morning as I cried out,

" Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity"

That is my prayer. I don't want to go to Zambia and have my heart break for the fact that they don't live the way we do. I want the Lord to show me the things that break His heart. I want Him to give me a burden to make a difference in those things, for His glory. I don't want to go over there and love people with my own heart. I want them to see the love of Christ in me and know that it came from Him. Just like I experienced with sweet little Mwila. If I went there with my own desires, ideas, intentions, and power. I would do absolutely no good for His Kingdom.

I know that not all of us are called to Go. But some are called to stay and pray. So, "STAYers"  please pray for the "GOers". The Lord showed me a passage in His word last week. It is from Paul's letter to the Ephesians and I found it so appropriate to pray for the missionaries of this world that seek to spread the news of Jesus.

" Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will FEARLESSLY make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it FEARLESSLY, as I should. "  - Ephesians 6:19-20

I appreciate your prayers. Satan does not want this trip to happen. He will try to cripple us with fear.  I know it is ONLY by the strength of the Lord that I will be able to walk out my front door and begin my second journey to Zambia. Please pray for the Lord to calm our anxious hearts and overwhelm each of us and our families with His peace and comfort.




No comments:

Post a Comment