background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

So long Satan

So, I have recently learned that when your hearts desire is to serve the Lord and advance His Kingdom, it really ticks off the enemy! I should have seen it coming. Satan has littered the last few months of our lives with lots of his junk. But guess what? My God is FAR bigger than any schemes Satan tries to bring us down with! Satan wants to paralyze me with fear, worry, doubt and ridicule. He wants us to stay comfortable and he will launch a full attack when you go to work for the Lord. Satan has tried to keep this mission from happening for a long time. But Jesus won. I read this quote by Spurgeon this week, " I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against The Rock of Ages." Isn't it awesome that our God uses the junk Satan throws into our lives to turn into something beautiful, an experience we can look back and be thankful for. He allows that junk to fertilize our soul, and make us more like Him. Did you know we have the power to make Satan flee? There is a line in one of my favorite worship songs that says "the enemy, he has to leave, at the sound of Your great name! Jesus ". We don't tap into that power near enough. Here is an account of Jesus telling satan to flee.

" Jesus said to him, 'away from me, Satan! For it is written: worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"
- Matthew 4:10-11

My great grandmother would get up in the morning, pick up the broom, open the front door, start sweeping and say "get the hell out Satan!" He has no power over this mission but he may still throw things in our path to try to hinder God's work. Please pray against Satan while we are on this mission. Pray that me and my family can overcome our fears and worries with the Savior's peace and comfort. Pray that our travel is safe, smooth and without disruption. Pray that Lord would go before us and prepare every path and every heart to receive the message He will speak through us. Please use the power we have in Christ to pray us through this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment